Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Saturday November 3, 2007


Crossing the Bridge at the Orphanage


Mom, Nadia, and Roman Ouside of Roman's 'Dormitory' Room


Shoe Kiosk at the Open-Air Market, Sumy


Dad at Open-Air Market, Sumy


Nadia, Drying Roman's Hair After a Good Shampoo

This morning Cheryl and I went for a walk/run down by the Psel River. I would run ahead of her a couple hundred yards; turn around and run a couple hundred yards behind Cheryl. I would then turn around and run back to Cheryl, talk a little and then repeat the process. We both seem to get what we want out of that format. (In Provo, we usually use the green belt – Cheryl rides her bike and I run with Gus, our chocolate Labrador retriever.)

After our run, we spent time at the Internet cafĂ© being frustrated. It seems half the time I have dial-up speed, I can’t access my email at BYU (probably because of security), or some other reason. Periodically, the stars line up and I have great speed and am able to do what I need.

We got to the orphanage about 3:00 pm and picked up Roman. He was expecting us about noon and was getting antsy. We were able to go to the open-air market and purchase a few things for both Roman and Nadia. A sweater, knit hat and socks for Nadia and shoes and socks for Roman.

No comments: